The aim of the Association of British Neurologists is to promote excellent standards of care and champion high-quality education and world-class research in neurology.
The ABN's principal objectives are to:
- Encourage nationwide availability of excellent and equitable neurological services
- Support neurologists and neurological trainees in their clinical practice.
- Support neurologists and neurological trainees in their research and academic activities.
- Increase knowledge of the nervous system and its disorders.
- Ensure the continuing professional development of its members.
- Promote the education of neurological trainees and support learning of neurology throughout medical training.
- Collaborate with the Royal College of Physicians (London, Edinburgh and Glasgow).
- Foster communication with patient interest groups.
- Maintain contacts with neurologists in developed and in developing countries.
- Provide guidance when required for matters relating to neurology.