Neurology Formative Assessment 2017
The ABN formative self-assessment exercise will be re-launched on 1st April 2017 as an online self-assessment containing 100 single-best-answer questions. The online self-assessment is designed to be a learning or revision aid for ABN members of all levels of seniority. Participants will receive confidential feedback including an overall score relative to others who took the assessment as well as individual feedback on each question. This is very strictly formative and cannot be used by training bodies to assess progress because your score is only available to you. Participants will receive a certificate of participation which can be used for e-portfolio or appraisal (*but this will not contain any score*).
The assessment will be available to complete online only during the first three weeks of April. The assessment is hosted on ebrain. All ABN members should have access to ebrain. Most ABN members have that access via the European Academy of Neurology website www.ean.org but more recently joined members (since ~September 2016) may have access via the ebrain website at www.ebrain.net. It is either / or not both!
Please do test your access well before the opening date to ensure you have an active password. You must also upload one single-best-answer question of your own (for use in future years), before you will be given access to the formative assessment. You can test your access and upload your question anytime from now.
If you are unsure about your access please follow these instructions:
ACCESS VIA EAN WEBSITE
1. Visit www.ean.org, if you know your login and password then login and go to step 3 below.
2. If you do not know your login details, rest your mouse over "my EAN" and click forgot password, enter your email address. If you have an account an email will be sent to you inviting you to reset your password. Your login name is usually firstnamesurname. If you need to know what your login name is please contact the EAN secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org. If your email address is not recognised, you do not have an EAN account - go to step 5 below.
3. Once you have logged into the EAN website rest your mouse on learn then click on ebrain. You should see a window that says "click here to login to ebrain". If you do not see this it is probably because your EAN account has expired contact the EAN head office on email@example.com
4. Once you have seen the click here to login to ebrain message you can either follow the link to ebrain then navigate to the neurology test pages or alternatively simply follow this link: http://www.ebrainjnc.com/learning/course/view.php?id=928
ACCESS VIA EBRAIN WEBSITE
5. If you do not have an EAN account go to www.ebrain.net and click on the button that says "to access ebrain click here"
6. Enter your login and password, if you do not know what these are there is a password reset function - just enter your email address
7. Once you are logged into ebrain either navigate to the neurology test page or simply follow this link: http://www.ebrainjnc.com/learning/course/view.php?id=928
8. If you need help logging in to ebrain then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you want your access method changed from EAN to ebrain or vice versa then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org